Mac Calendar Make Start time and End time the same

Reaction score
I have an Automator Event that opens and run an app in Mac Mail.

It has no end time, it just runs the app.

How do I just have a start time, no end time.

Also I add notes into calendar to remind to do things so I need no end time, just start time.

How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Create a separate Automator Event to "Quit" the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Also I add notes into calendar to remind to do things so I need no end time, just start time.

How do I do this?

Just an alternative thought here but maybe you might want to consider using the third party menu calendar that integrates with apples calendar most of which are quite a bit more adaptable than Apple's offering.
There are several of available with the calendar name included and others such as Fantastical which used to be a very popular and handy Matt calendar tool. You could search for the various offerings here if you like to see what is available:

Personally I found Apple's Calendar application very awkward and clumsy but maybe it's some proof of drastically with later versions that I don't and can't use.

Just a thought for your use...

- Patrick
=======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have an Automator Event that opens and run an app in Mac Mail.

It has no end time, it just runs the app.

How do I just have a start time, no end time.

How do I do this?
I'll deal with adding notes to the Calendar app first because I think I can knock that one out quickly. Try the following and see if it meets your needs.

1. Create an event and name it. I'd probably use something that reminds me of the task.
2. Set the end time for the same time. The current version of Calendar will let you do this.
3. Set an alert to occur at the time of the event. That forces the event to automatically pop up in your notifications. You could also set the notice to go off before the event.
4. If the text you put in the event title isn't enough, add additional text in the notes field.

BTW have you considered using the Reminders app to do this? I used to use Calendar to do this, but I found that my Calendar was getting too crowded as reminders got mixed in with actual appointments.

It has been a while since I ran Automator based on Calendar alarms and that used to get a little twitchy each time Apple updated Automator. This trick might work for that as well.

If you can tell us what this is doing, I might be able to help with it. What version of the OS are you running? Automator's capabilities have changed several times over the years.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
As suggested above by Slydude I too was going to suggest the Reminders app. It's really much more suited to your task whereas Calendar is more suited to events.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Here's a couple of Apple Links dealing with the Reminders App which may help if it's new to you:

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.