• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac Browsers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
In the days of Panther, I switched off and on between Camino and Shiira, both of which are excellent browsers in my opinion. Strangely enough, I almost NEVER, EVER got pop-ups either then or now. There are ways in Camino's preferences you can use to eliminate almost all of them; you can probably find the thread for it on the Mozillazine forums. Shiira was always the fastest for me on Panther, had very little problems, and had a TINY footprint on my harddrive. Ever since switching to Tiger, though, Safari has been a wonderful program for me; I never thought I'd be able to use it when I was on Panther, but I have not been able to stop since I'm on Tiger. every few weeks or so, I make it a point to go back and check on the development of both Camino and Shiira, too, but there are still things I'd miss about Safari. I'd also like to throw the possibility of Sunrisebrowser into the mix, just because it's such a neat, innovative program. I'd recommend giving both it and Shiira a shot if you haven't yet. Firefox, I can no longer even consider simply because anything without a Cocoa interface is just dead to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.