lost registration details

Reaction score
I formatted my computer os Mountain Lion and lost all my entered information, password, computer name etc.
How can I find them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Could you explain in a little more detail about what you did, how you did it and which Mac you have please?

OP
L
Reaction score
I transferred my old imac (2009) to my son after formatting it and running os Mountain Lion on it.
I registered it in his name and gave it a name and a password. Unfortunately I misplaced these details and I think he needs them to operate the computer properly.
I now have a new imac, also with os Mountain Lion.
Thanks for helping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If there's nothing on it I'd just put a clean install of Mountain Lion on. It only takes about 30 minutes.

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry, but how do i do that? I don't have a disk of Mountain Lion, can I just reinstall from within the program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You said you formatted the disk and reinstalled before?

This is why I asked what exactly you did. I'm guessing you didn't format the disk.

Never mind. Going forward. You can create a mountain lion install disc on your new iMac.

You can use Lion DiskMaker to automate the process

OP
L
Reaction score
Did you mean for me to make the disk on the new Imac and give it to him?
Won't there be a problem with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may need your Apple ID and password (that you bought Mountain Lion with) to re-download the Mountain Lion installer on your current mac to make the disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you mean for me to make the disk on the new Imac and give it to him?
Won't there be a problem with that?

No problem at all.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help.
The only problem remaining is that the new Imac does not have a disk player within.
Can I use the Ipad2 in any way? Copy the dmg.file somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't have to be a disc it can be a USB thumb drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.