Looking for us ipod classic owners

Reaction score
Hi,

I REALLY AND DESPERATLY NEED an iPod Classic owner from the US to do me a favour. I would kindly ask you to make an image file(.dmg) in the Disk Utility of your iPod and send it to me or in any way make it available(probably most of the European owners would be grateful for your effort). I would suggest temporarly deleting as much music from your iPod(but it isn't neccesary) so that the image file is as small as it can be (for distribution purposes - I actualy dont have that problem since I have a 100mbps line available to me - so you can actualy send me the whole 160GB library :)
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE:
I'm from Europe and if you lucky people dont know it yet, we have some stupid regulation in the EU that requires Apple to lock the volume on each and every iPod. I have both vesions of iPods (US and EU) and there is a substantial diference in volume (I would say about 40%). I listen to my US iPod on 2/3 volume and it's more than enough. EU iPods you can actualy have at full volume and stil want more. Please don't lecture me about hearing loss in this thread(since I don't smoke I have to die from something-and I would like to go out in style:)). Not to mention that if you hook up your iPod to your stereo there just isn't enough juice(so it's not all about hearing loss etc.). There are roumors that this should be a software hack and that there is no such yet available. So I would like to try out my own silly little logic... Just burn an image file of an US iPod to an EU one. Sound so simple it might actualy work :) And that's where you begin to read this thread :)

I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL FOR ANY KIND OF HELP!

Thanks a million

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
A
Reaction score
EULA??? Probably it would be a violation of some god forsaken legislation, but I'm afraid that the European iPod owners are not exactly on the most wanted list. And even if someone else would mind I'm sure (as I am also law graduate) I could succesfuly argue for "braking the law" :)
PLUS we can just keep quiet about this project ;)

OH YEAH and the legislation probably applies to sellers of iPods in EU and as I am not one of them, then I am probably not braking any law.

OP
A
Reaction score
Just found out. EULA - End User License Agreement. **** - who reads those things :) And once again I think it's the power of argument that wins - and I have a pretty big argument :)
AND did I mention? We can do this privately and quietly... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
AND did I mention? We can do this privately and quietly...
Yeah, but this forums follows US law.

If I would have your problem I would sell the Europe one and get a US one of eBay.

EDIT: And the iPod firmwares are locked to the iPod serial/model number.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I thought of zour proposal but it's more fun this way - oh and did I mention - no one wants to buy these stupied EU thingies.
And WAW! I really didn't anticipate to get stuck on the legal issues. You really are some law abiding citizens :) Y'all probably bought each and every software you own :) But I'm sure Apple wouldn't mind as the enforcement of the EULA is at their disposal and they had some legal issues with the Europeans :) (And I am doing nothing more than switching one almost identical software for the other - no damages to Apple)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP PLEASE CALL ado.333(at)hotmail.com

EDIT: Now there's an argument! That I have heard - That the serial number dictates the firmware and the updates... And I would like to tryout that theory, but nobody wants to play with me :)

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this forum does follow the law of the United States, and you being in Europe should know that you're better off getting one made in the US from eBay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.