Looking for a program to burn a dvd for playback on a dvd player/tv

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to burn possibly two videos (perhaps as chapters) for playback on a dvd player/tv. What would be the best program for this? Also, is it possible to take a video from YouTube to do this?

Thanks,
Brent

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You might give Burn a try. I have n to used it in quite a while but I think it still works under newer versions of OS X. It's free so it won't cost you anything to find out whether it meets your needs. There is also Toast. Toast will do what you want to do, plus a lot more, but will also set you back about $100 unless you are upgrading from a previous version.

As far as YouTube video goes that should work as well. Please keep cbpyrightrules in mind though.

C

chas_m

Actually there is a "just burn stuff" version of Toast in the Mac App Store for $20, just fyi.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I forgot about that one. By the time it was released I had the other version of Toast..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In my humble or not so humble opinion.... Toast is overkill for most folks and expensive. Although I have seen it on special several times or part of a bundle. However, "Burn" works fine with El Capitan and is free. No reason not to use it unless you just like spending your Xmas money. ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for confirming that Burn still works under El Capitan. I thought it did but wasn't sure and I don't have it installed at the moment. Unless I overlooked it there was no direct mention of that on the site.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Was just checking the "Burn" website. It looks like a pretty "old school" layout. Didn't see any indications that the content (news area for example) has been updated since 2011. If no updates to Burn have been made…amazing that it still works with El Capitan.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's a simple program, nothing fancy like Toast. I just tested it again to make sure it works with 10.11.2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.