Looking for a Docking Station for MBP laptop

Reaction score
I have an MBP laptop, and I'm looking to buy a docking station for it. I've found this one by LandingZone, but I've never heard of the company. Has anyone heard of them? Any opinion on their products? I like the specs and the design, so I'm looking for some reviews before I buy it. If it helps to know, my MBP is a 13" 2020 M1 with 2x USB Type-C ports on the left side and 1x 1/8" audio jack on the right side.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Any thoughts?

Looks over-priced for what it is.

For some reason docks tend to be ridiculously more expensive than an equivalent adapter hub.

The biggest problem that people have had with adapter hubs is that they often don't support Thunderbolt 3, so you don't get all the monitor resolution your Mac's port can offer.

Folks have had excellent success with this adapter hub, which is exceptionally reasonably priced for what it offers:

Anker 555 USB-C Hub (8-in-1), with 100W Power Delivery, 4K 60Hz HDMI Port, 10Gbps USB C and 2 A Data Ports, Ethernet microSD SD Card Reader, for MacBook Pro More
$60
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QZVQJX/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I personally would rather a good quality hub over a docking station like the Anker Randy suggests, more bang for your buck and more choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Looks over-priced for what it is.

For some reason docks tend to be ridiculously more expensive than an equivalent adapter hub.

The biggest problem that people have had with adapter hubs is that they often don't support Thunderbolt 3, so you don't get all the monitor resolution your Mac's port can offer.

Folks have had excellent success with this adapter hub, which is exceptionally reasonably priced for what it offers:

Anker 555 USB-C Hub (8-in-1), with 100W Power Delivery, 4K 60Hz HDMI Port, 10Gbps USB C and 2 A Data Ports, Ethernet microSD SD Card Reader, for MacBook Pro More
$60
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087QZVQJX/?tag=macforums0e4-20
Hi Randy - thanks for the tip - I own the Anker 341 hub (nearly 4 years old for my previous iMac) - decided to upgrade to the 555 for 10 Gbps increase speed, esp. after seeing the coupon (below) - so a $45 purchase for me. Dave :)

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 12.05.09 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.