Logout or stay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Financial organisations log account holders out automatically after a set time. Given that I live in the sticks how important is it to logout?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If your computer is generally inaccessible, then it's less of an issue of ensuring that your computer is secure and things aren't always signed into.

But, as you mentioned, most companies are taking security very seriously so automatic logouts, 2FA/MFA, Passkeys, ultra secure passwords, are all ways of keeping things secure.

From a security posture, you need to evaluate your environment and make appropriate adjustments. There is no one-size-fits-all answer..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I tend to log out of such sites and always have. I have a good internet connection with good speed so it's not a big time sink for me to do that unless I forget the password.

There are some sites where I stay logged in but not for financial/business info. The fact that most of them log me out after a period of inactivity is a bonus in case I forget. I'm actually kind of glad they do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.