Little Mac Buyer's Guide Book — A Preview

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Hey vicky if other like i would have no hesitation in recommending it to be sold in the shop

OP
L

lil

Excellent, well I have contacts to and intend on pushing it here in the south; the idea is that it will have an ISBN so it is perfectly legal to be sold etc. It would be great to really get this out to the potential marketplace. I also have a few contacts in Future Publishing when I used to freelance for a number of IT titles—so hopefully I can submit some review copies here and there.

The plan is coming together :flower:

Vicky

OP
L

lil

A little update. This book is now pretty much 50% complete. I'm sure some of you thought it was further on than this but then it doesn't take five seconds to write up the specs of the machines and sometimes finding photographs of eight year old products can be difficult, and then you have to find ones you can legally use...

Anyway—it's coming along well. I'll try and post some more tonight—progress has been slowed by my day job where a few things took curious turns, including sorting out a case that threatened legal action etc. (oh the joy of being management...) All it fine now; but most evenings this week I could barely keep my eyes on the telly let alone sitting at my beloved Macintosh.

That said I have been formulating ideas for two other imprints (Itsy-Bitsy being one) for my publishing venture, under the speculative names of Cadence and Grapevine... More news on those soon too!

Watch this space...

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
I would buy one, but I already have a Mac (obviously). Maybe I should go pick one up for a friend?

OP
L

lil

More than welcome to when it's for sale :) I have a number of books on the way including a beginners guide for switchers and some more advanced projects.

The idea of the book is as a reference for the future as well.

Vicky

OP
L

lil

A small update in so far as to say...

...the book is pretty much 95% completed and I am just busy finishing small bits and pieces off and the index. I will be creating an associated poll as regards to pricing.

Just to finalise some details the book will be offered in two version:

Perfect binding (standing book binding) and
Ring-bound

It's a 7.5x7.5" square shape.

Black and white.

260 pages (appx)

Target price of £9.99 ($18.99 USD) + Shipping.

The book to refresh your memories is essentially a complete guide to all the Mac models worth considering released since 1998 (iMac and PowerBook G3 Bronze Keyboard onwards up to present day, only excluding the XServe series).

it is a printed buyers guide, with guidance on:

- good purchasing practice
- about the Intel transition
- an excellent impartial guide to what each Mac model is capable of
- their specifications listed in clear and concise format—ideal for checking out specs on a Mac you want to buy or upgrade
- easy to read comparison charts and timelines.
- A glossary of common Mac-terminology you may find when in the marketplace.

It is aimed at voices to experienced Mac/computer users alike.

And it is written by me, a selling point alone with my honest, clear approach with a bit of sassy Brit humour thrown in for good measure.

It should be available by the end of June 2006.

I also should have a small clan of proof readers in place soon once the content is finalised.

Thank you!

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.