• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Lion USB sticks now available

Reaction score
Where can one find said USB stick?

Engadget said:
Update: Engadget says it has learned that the "recovery media" referred to in AppleCare documents is in fact a specific restoration tool for AppleCare workers. The view is is so far backed by checking Apple's website, which has yet to show Lion for order online except through the Mac App Store. The company has stated it will ship Lion on USB sticks sometime this month.

I see pigoo beat me to it. :Blushing:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nick, I think either you took my post wrong or the wording in the first sentence was a bit off. I was backing you and adding a few other things. I agree with you! :D

Again, I agree with you and just was filling in a few blanks since I installed from a USB Stick here on all my machines.

Time will tell what Apple does and good guess on possible compression so it will fit.

Edit, Nick I re-read my post and the first line was worded wrong. Tried to clean it up. I was agreeing that with the App store version you need SL to download it from the app store and default is Upgrade.

I am sure the memory stick version will easily allow a clean install as you do not need to download it and have SL installed for the App store. Hope that clears it up. I agree with you!

Everything's good.:) We shall see (hopefully soon) how the whole Lion USB Stick & upgrading works. Maybe what's been suggested/theorized in this thread so far is totally wrong, totally right, or somewhere in between.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.