Leopard Beta Wont Update, Legit copy wont upgrade

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
Y
Reaction score
Geez....welcome to anal land.

Thanks to the two people that gave me help.

I guess i will just use my bootleg time machine to back up my files on the hard drive i stole from the battered womans shelter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Geez....welcome to anal land.

That should be welcome to being legal. You should try it, instead of calling law-abiding people anal.

Thanks to the two people that gave me help.

I guess i will just use my bootleg time machine to back up my files on the hard drive i stole from the battered womans shelter.

It's because the version you were trying to upgrade is illegal, regardless of the legit copy of Leopard you subseuently bought - you can't undo a crime, and fortunately Apple's software caught you out.

Most people here don't exactly ooze sympathy for people who break the law.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Actually it's becasue it was Beta software, the legality has little to do with it. Once the real deal was released all beta copies were supposed to be replaced by released versions. The Beta servers went offline, replaced by the main software update servers that would only update version 9A581 or later.

This should be a lesson to never install a Beta OS version on your primary use machine/drive, always install it elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.