legacyloader-arm64 keeps wanting permission: indeed very annoying

Reaction score
I just set up two MBP’ M1. One of them pops up this box on a regular basis. Boring indeed.

I find it strange as both machines are more or less identically set up, different users but same software.

Any tips on how to fix this or why it happens?

The box:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 12.15.20.png

And the machine:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 12.53.44.png

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm hoping that the following links will assist your understanding of legacy extensions. It is very annoying and seems to relate to apps that are not completely compatible with your Operating System (OS).

See if any of these help:

From my reading - but wait till others chime in to confirm or not - it's probably okay to enter your Admin PW and Click OK. See what others think.

Ian

OP
ChangeAgent
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, I had found similar stuff and some of these. I did enter my PW and OK, and it keeps comming back.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Oh, that's a pity to say the least. I presume you have tried the trusted: turned off your Max.. Wait 5 minutes, and reboot?

The other thing you should consider is downloading and running Onyx app which we always recommend It can be downloaded from here:

There are specific versions for each Operating System (OS). Make sure you get the version for your specific Mac.

Open the app and choose "Maintenance". Use the default options. Run it. It will check & correct most things, then restart you Mac.

It is free, will do no harm and may solve your problem.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Look at the differences between the 2 MBP. There is an issue somewhere there.

OP
ChangeAgent
Reaction score
Oh, that's a pity to say the least. I presume you have tried the trusted: turned off your Max.. Wait 5 minutes, and reboot?
I did that, no luck.

I know Onyx and others. No luck.

I found the culprit this morning. EasyFind. After ticking the Rosetta box, it seems to have solved it.

Thanks for your help you all.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the feedback. So it was a Rosetta problem which needed to be "ticked" in order for the app to run?

Well done, anyway. Others may learn from your endeavours.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.