Left sidebar finder window showing folder as file icon?

Reaction score
When I'm dragging and dropping a specific folder to the left sidebar it messes up the icon into a file icon, even when it is actually a folder I'm dropping in the sidebar.

It works like it should just like any other shortcut in the sidebar, it is just the icon that is wrong... Other folders from the same drive I dropped in the sidebar ages ago still look like they should, as folders...

Any thoughts?
Running Catalina 10.15.7

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 11.10.06.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The only thing I can assume, is that the first item in the other folders, are probably folders as well, maybe?

OP
J
Reaction score
Some have, some have not but that should have nothing to do with the icon problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I always have my Finder set to Column view, and I have the Finder option to keep Folders at the top enabled.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I always have my Finder set to Column view, and I have the Finder option to keep Folders at the top enabled.

Me too. It's an ideal solution in my opinion.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.