keypad oddities and file access slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
I have noticed since last upgrade on iPad/iphone.... that keypad just not working as it used to.
entering passwords must be typed much slower than before.
some apps take longer to load.
sometimes even my login password acts up.
is it possible that device can be choc full of apps (not necessarily used) that could slow things down??

AND when typing characters on lower row above space bar.... often is recognized as space and not the letter I pressed.
I tend to type quickly but find this slowing down frustration.
have to continually watch what I type to ensure accuracy.

I find the similar issue on iphone7. when texting sometime the keypad shows and I cannot pull down previous text to view.... it keeps rolling and I have to go to another person and then back to original one. sometime when I click on a message and want too reply, the bar at bottom to press to get keyboard is not there. again I have to go tho another person and then back again.

is anyone else having issues like this. was awkward to describe my issue.

I have done shutdown and start up again but no difference.
I do not have food nor drink near my devices and nothing has spilled on it at all.
I keep my screens clean too.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you using the on screen keyboard for the iPad and iPhone or an external keyboard?

I use the Apple Magic Keyboard for my iPad and it works very well, but for my iPhone the on screen keyboard is slow and prone to mistakes (my bad typing).

And yes, the latest versions of iOS for the iPhone and iPad are more complex and have more options that can be selected. That means the updates are larger which can place more load on your iPad or iPhone.

I notice for example that my wife's iPhone 11 is more responsive than my iPhone 8. Better hardware. :)

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
Are you using the on screen keyboard for the iPad and iPhone or an external keyboard?

I use the Apple Magic Keyboard for my iPad and it works very well, but for my iPhone the on screen keyboard is slow and prone to mistakes (my bad typing).

And yes, the latest versions of iOS for the iPhone and iPad are more complex and have more options that can be selected. That means the updates are larger which can place more load on your iPad or iPhone.

I notice for example that my wife's iPhone 11 is more responsive than my iPhone 8. Better hardware. :)
sorry did not mention that I am using keyboard on device. I do not have an external one.

yes I did notice that the latest upgrade took quite some time to load. guess that is why my device seems so slow.
my phone is not that old and it was working just fine until the last update.
I guess in model terms it.... iPhone 7.... then there was 8,10,12 and now mini 12. one cannot afford a new phone each time a new one becomes available.

sometimes I wonder if I really want to update with each one offered. many iPhones last years and years if well looked after. and I look after my iPhones well. so guess I have no choice but to deal with the issues gained on last update.

if there was a way to turn off some of the new things (which I probably dont even know I have) OFF may help.
info on update is very vague so one doesn't really know WHAT is being updated, changed, deleted or added!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.