Keyboard problem

Reaction score
Hello I am very new with a Mac and bought a cheap used Powermac G3. it came with nothing but the tower so i attached a regular Keyboard to it. Buddy that i bought it from doesn't remember his Admin Passwords, so I inserted the Install Disk but I can't get the computer to boot from the CD nor get into the Command Line to reset the password. I was told that the "Apple" button is the "Ctrl" button on a regular Keyboard but it is not working, I have tried "Alt" and the "Windows" key aswell. I was told to hold it down while hitting C or S.

Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2Ghz, 500GB + Basic Macbook
the Apple key is the equivilent of the Ctrl key, although when my apple keyboard runs in windows the apple key when pressed is the same as the windows key.

I think, however, you would be better off paying £20 for an apple keyboard, its going to make you like a whole lot easier in the long run.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Even with a Windows keyboard, you hold down C, JUST C and nothing else. Right at the chime and keep it down till the Install CD boots. What install CD is this? Is it the Install CD for the machine or a Full install of Panther, Tiger, ETC?

OP
A
Reaction score
Its the Full install disk of 10.4 that one Tiger? and I am running 10.3 right now. Does that make a difference? I do not have the install disk of 10.3. I am borrowing the disk from my girlfriends brother. Can I not boot from disk because of this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.