just purchased a used macbook need help

Reaction score
ok thank you...im gonna try going to the apple store friday or saturday, would they be able to get this done in a couple hours? or does it take longer? thats if they will fix it

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ok thank you...im gonna try going to the apple store friday or saturday, would they be able to get this done in a couple hours? or does it take longer? thats if they will fix it

If they're not very busy...and if most stores are the same as mine...they should be able to get it done in a couple hours. I took mine in around Christmas on a Saturday (when it was very very very busy)...and I got mine back the next day on a Sunday.

If you re-read this thread...the OP got his done quickly as well.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
ok thanks hopefully they can get it done in a couple hours....thanks for all the help/info

Reaction score
i went to the apple store yesterday, and sure enough they replaced the top case for free, and they got it done within an hour, and the problem with my keyboard and trackpad is gone...is there anything else that apple will replace for free?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i went to the apple store yesterday, and sure enough they replaced the top case for free, and they got it done within an hour, and the problem with my keyboard and trackpad is gone...

First congrats on getting the topcase replaced...and as I mentioned...the painted Apple logo was not an issue!:)

...is there anything else that apple will replace for free?

Come on man...let's not get greedy!!!

- Nick

Reaction score
haha well if they replace more stuff for free then why not take advantage of it haha, cuz the top case isnt the only thing wrong with my laptop, but i am very happy with my laptop now cause the keys and the trackpad button just feel better, and theyre not all shiny and worn

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha well if they replace more stuff for free then why not take advantage of it haha, cuz the top case isnt the only thing wrong with my laptop,

What else is wrong with it?

- Nick

Reaction score
well the clips that hold the display bezel on, some of them are broken, and i doubt apple would replace it since its a human caused problem, but on the bottom, theres a dent that goes out, not in

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...but on the bottom, theres a dent that goes out, not in

I thought we were talking about a MacBook? If so...I don't think plastic can have a dent (metal dents...plastic bulges). So is this a "bulge" in the plastic? Is it on the battery?

- Nick

Reaction score
it is a macbook....and i was just thinking that the bottom was metal, but i just looked at it and its plastic, my bad lol, but i think the apple people pushed it in a little so that its flatter, because its not as much as a bulge now

Reaction score
and no its not on the battery its towards the back, where the serial number is and stuff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.