Just Got New iPhone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Woohoo!! I just purchased an iPhone this afternoon from my local Apple store! So far, I am really impressed. Activation was fast and simple, integration with my Mac was seamless (picked up my Mail settings, my Safari bookmarks, my Address Book, etc.) and it is really easy to use... and fun too!

I also picked up the "iPhone The Missing Manual" book and would strongly recommend it - I have learned lots from it!

Anyway, so far so good - great job Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
They don't sell them here in Australia yet, but when they do..........

congrats Mac57...keep us posted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Very Cool mac57! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congrats mac57, and thanks for the book recommendation! I'm looking at the book now. (I love that my company has Safari Tech Books Online. ^_^)

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK all, that was the FUN part ... now for the extras! I see that the "iPhone ecosystem" is already fully developed. I have just spent nearly $95 on extras: an extra iPhone-USB cable (from Apple.com - ouch! $24.90 w shipping), a headphone jack adapter to allow it to work with *any* standard headphones (the online Everything Store - got 2 of them - $25.85 w shipping) and finally, and most important, a holster style case (ouch again! $43.26 at Amazon w shipping).

A self professed techo-geek with a new toy and his money are soon parted! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.