OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was wondering the same thing, and can't imagine it being any worse than an MBP trackpad. Earlier on, I opened up a photo with PS and used my trackpad to use the lasso tool in order to clone something out. It was actually a lot more efficient than using my bluetooth laser mouse in a few respects.

Yes...it certainly should be very similar to a MacBook/MacBook Pro trackpad. If you're already good at it...then the Magic Trackpad should work great. If anything, the Magic Trackpad might even be better/easier at doing this than a laptop trackpad...since the Magic Trackpad surface is so much larger!:)

To be totally honest (just to add some "flavor" to the discussion)...I really don't understand why Apple didn't or doesn't release a wireless keyboard with the Magic Trackpad built in/integrated/attached. This would sort of be my "dream" input device at the moment.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Im still not use to mine... so far this is the reason why I use a regular mouse with my powerbook... i thought id like it better being bigger but so far i dont like it to much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel
I've always hated trackpads on laptops. I've always been a desktop person so I'm use to the mouse. However, I going to check the Magic Trackpad out. I think I really need to start using a trackpad or touchscreen. Seems to be the way of the future.

Plus, if the "rumored" Apple TV with A4 chips shows up, the Magic Trackpad will make a good remote for it. And I would assume apps would work on this "rumored" Apple TV. Which would almost make a trackpad a must.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I've always hated trackpads on laptops.
I use to feel the same way until I got my unibody MBP trackpad. It's really a lot different than the old physical button + trackpad designs of the past. It's a lot larger and the glass surface really allows my fingers to glide more smoothly. Also the gestures as mentioned already are really useful. It makes the trackpad more than just a flat "mouse". I hate using my old PowerBook now because it doesn't have the new trackpads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.