Just bought a new MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Well guys my first generation white Macbook gave me the black screen and sleep light again after I took it to the Apple store and paid $300 to repair. 5 months latter the same problem occurs. So I decided to get a new Apple Laptop. I was looking at at the 13" MBP but decided on the 15" 2.66 ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD for $2000. Best buy has a 18 months same as cash deal so threw $700 down and will pay the rest in 12 months.

I DJ and am beginning to mix videos so I needed a powerful beast to handle the video stuff. This MBP is a beauty and absolutely love it.

I am debating on getting my white macbook fixed again since I just paid $300 5 months ago - and they told me there is only a 3 month warranty on the repair. I would like to use it for internet and various other duties. What do you guys suggest I do...???

Reaction score
No need to go throw 300 bucks away.
I'd say go for it, of course.

:)

OP
digitalfish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Well I have already bought the MBP like 2 weeks ago. I was looking for some advice as to what to do about my white macbook that seems to have the H1N1 :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
Hopefully you got the accidental for your new laptop that last for 3 years.... Then if a problem like that occurs you get a new one! :) And since you are DJ and stuff people can bump/spill/drop your laptop so it would be a good idea seeing as you purchased it from best buy.

Reaction score
What are the specs on the white MB? Did you take it back in and they told you only have a 3 month warranty on it? I'd complain about it if it happend again after they "fixed" it the first time, 2 years later and the problem happens again I can see not warranting it but same problem 5 months later? Sounds like something else is wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
If the problem happened again once, then whats to say it wont again.
when will u stop throwing money at the problem?
$900, $1200, $1500

If you can find the (obvious) underlying problem, go 4 it, get it fixed.
Else i would explore other options, e.g. sell?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.