ITunes Starts Itself

Reaction score
For some weird reason I Tunes starts itself up and starts playing music,
Ive run Onyx to clean things up and virus scans show nothing.
What else can I do?
(late 2008 Macbook Pro with Yosemite)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't have an answer yet but I do have a few questions that might help us narrow things down.

1. What else, if anything, is happening at the same time? It's possible that something there is triggering things.
2. Do you by chance have a set of headphones that launch iTunes when certain gestures are performed?
3. Has anything changed/been added to your system lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac 27" 4.2ghz / Mojave
Odd that you should post this - it has happened to me in the past, on various of my machines, and I never found the cause.

Today it began happening, for the first time, on my iMac (which I've had for two years now, without such an incident). Very odd.

I think, in the case of today, it may be related to my iPhone, which has a wonky charge / data port, and with which I'm having a bunch of problems. Even Siri (on my Mac) began suddenly asking me repeatedly what she can do for me, unprompted, and to the point where I had to shut it off in system preferences.

Maybe a solar flare / coronal mass ejection messing up with the electromagnetic fields on earth today? All I know, it's been one of those very strange days, computer-wise....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.