itunes is driving me crazy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
so im really trying to take on the whole itunes thing now ive switched but for some reason it doesnt seem to be that good.. or im just messing up!
i can add some albums fine, and use coverflow. but on some albums i add when i switch to coverflow is adds a blank cover for every track!!

check the SS to see what i mean.. not sure why this happens.
anyone know?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Try and have iTunes "Get Album Artwork" when it is done it will give you a list of Albums it couldnt find artwork for. Then just go to cdnow.com and copy the almbum cover from there and past in the Info Page of the Album in iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You have to add artwork for your tracks. Some tracks might have artwork embedded, but for the rest, search images.google.com or amazon.com for the album covers and then drag them over to the iTunes drop spot.

You could also download a widget which searches for the artwork and then syncs it with the iTunes tracks. Its called something like "Itunes artwork finder" or something.

Or you could create an iTunes store account and download high res artwork for free...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
What the others said Plus you don't have to add art work for each track in the album.

Highlight all the tracks in one album
Type  (CMD)+I. Then drag your artwork into the info pane then all the tracks will get the same artwork

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry guys, what i mean is why there is a cover for each track when on most of my albums there is just one cover for all the tunes..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys, I was wondering is there a faster way to select all the tunes on one album on my playlist?
say i wanted to remove an album do i have to unclick one by one? or is there a way to highlight the whole thing in one click without deleting the all the other ones....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Doesn't the "search" function narrow it down for you?

Anyway, as for your album covers multiplying, "click" the first track in the album, then "shift+click" the last track in the album. Then hit Command+i, and in those details, there will be an option, "Compilation?". Select Yes (or no). This is a weird phenomenon. Sometimes the compilation trick works, sometimes you got to do the opposite. You could also, while all the tracks are selected, reenter the album name in the field...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Sorry guys, what i mean is why there is a cover for each track when on most of my albums there is just one cover for all the tunes..

That will happen if the "Album" field for the tracks is not identical, or blank. Select them all, do a Get Info and re-apply the album name. Also make sure the Artist field is the same, as it will put tracks from compilation albums under an album for each different artist.

There's a widget which will fetch artwork fro the currently-playing iTunes track automatically.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks knightlie.. and thanks to u other guys =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.