"It Just Works..." Ok. When?

Reaction score
I am running Lion, I'll look for the iPhoto update and give that a try.

Thank you, Jeff

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if if y'all got this working. Funny, the photo stream from my iMac kinda works on my wires iPad2, but only about 20 of the 72 photos streamed. I can't even get that on my iPad 1.

Also trying to figure out how to get my documents to show up on my iPad. Using Pages on both the iPad and iMac, if I open Pages on the pad, I can't get any documents from the iMac. I've got all the things turned on in iCloud.

I'm baffled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
I am running Lion, I'll look for the iPhoto update and give that a try.

Thank you, Jeff

Yeah, all the updates were the key for me. Everything had been working pretty well across my devices (iPhone 4, MBP, Windows 7 PC). I don't have an iPad so can't verify that.

C

chas_m

Photo Stream is working across all my devices. I've chosen NOT to automatically add everything I dump into iPhoto to Photo Stream (I prefer to clean up/post process the pics first and just manually move them into the Photo Stream folder in iPhoto), but apart from that it works amazingly well.

And I am **LOVING** iCloud syncing so far. Instant calendar, address book and (well this part we've had for a while) mail, always in sync, no duplicates, wonderful!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have given up temporarily on Photostream with iPhoto. It won't work on any of my Macs. Aperture, on the otherhand Photostreams just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3
I'm interested to see if if y'all got this working. Funny, the photo stream from my iMac kinda works on my wires iPad2, but only about 20 of the 72 photos streamed. I can't even get that on my iPad 1.

Also trying to figure out how to get my documents to show up on my iPad. Using Pages on both the iPad and iMac, if I open Pages on the pad, I can't get any documents from the iMac. I've got all the things turned on in iCloud.

I'm baffled.

Re docs. I believe to get docs from Mac/iMac to show up on iPad, you have to go to iCloud.com and upload them to iWork's first. Then they are available to iPad. It's a bit of a pain to have to do the extra step, but it works.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
After upgrading to OS 5, Photostream seems to be working for me.

However, 2 movies I purchased on my PC via the iTunes store were downloaded to iTunes on my PC but I still can't figure out how to find them on my iPhone4 or my iPad2... Anyone got any ideas? Is the cloud overwhelmed?

There is no movie purchase syncing incl'd with iCloud at this point in time. You're looking for something that doesn't yet exist. You can thank the movie studios. Apple has only been able to garner deals with music and TV Shows at this point in time.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Re docs. I believe to get docs from Mac/iMac to show up on iPad, you have to go to iCloud.com and upload them to iWork's first. Then they are available to iPad. It's a bit of a pain to have to do the extra step, but it works.

If they were created with an earlier software version (at least for Pages) you have to open them in the iCloud compatible version (4.1) and then save them prior to uploading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.