It Broke!!! ;(

M

MacHeadCase

maybe I am the only legit guy left in this world, but you dropped it, maybe you should man up and pay for the repairs. It's not apples fault you can't afford a simple carry case to prevent such a thing.

Well no you're not the only legit person left. I like taking my responsibilities, good or bad, for stuff I do. Not to mention, who ends up paying for this kind of return? Any company will simply jot these down in the loss column at the end of the year and they charge customers for these the following year.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry to bump up this thread but I took it back to Apple and they fixed it for free.

And I'm sure this multi million pound company will survive without my fee.

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Glad to hear that everything is good now. Please, for the sake of those of us who have decent morals and at the same time felt bad for you, buy a case to protect it. BTW, what was the damage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
You should of faced the music and paid for your repairs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ah well I'm strapped for cash at the moment.

And I do have a case. It fell off my lap while I was using it. I can't really remember what he said the damage was, I'm not that good with that kind of technical stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
You should of faced the music and paid for your repairs.

I agree with you on principle. However, as I pointed out... Apple could have (and very likely would have) voided his entire warranty on the whole system, period. Not just "this repair isn't under warranty" but "your computer is no longer under warranty." And that's not right on Apple's part either.

Do two wrongs make a right? No. But when it comes down to protecting yourself when you know that you're going to be, for lack of a better word, screwed (or know that there's a good chance you will be) versus protecting the company that's going to do it to you... You protect yourself.

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
I agree with you on principle. However, as I pointed out... Apple could have (and very likely would have) voided his entire warranty on the whole system, period. Not just "this repair isn't under warranty" but "your computer is no longer under warranty." And that's not right on Apple's part either.

Do two wrongs make a right? No. But when it comes down to protecting yourself when you know that you're going to be, for lack of a better word, screwed (or know that there's a good chance you will be) versus protecting the company that's going to do it to you... You protect yourself.

I couldn't have said it better!

Personally I think some of you are taking a little far. Breath and relax a little bit. Not everybody has the means for repairs or replacement of an expensive machine. If an accident happens some might be left to choose between no computer or acting "dishonestly". (And I quote because if you take a moment to be real with yourself, who is or has really completely been honest in... history!?) Anyway I guess everyone has his/her own opinion, the debate could go on forever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.