• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is This An Apple Computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
It is a real sound investment. Will be worth soooo much in times to come. I am considering purchasing that one on ebay USA.
They look really cool :)
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
awesome looking at those pictures from the ebay auction kinda makes me want to buy one.. and there there is the... why would i need it question. I have mac computers that are brand new and soo much faster then it.. might not look as cool.. but now I can't wait til the 30th if they are going to make a computer for it.

M

Merlinblack

If it wasn't 10k I'd buy the 30th anny computer it would be probably be a solid investment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Merlinblack said:
If it wasn't 10k I'd buy the 30th anny computer it would be probably be a solid investment.

I would have to disagree with that.
I am not doubting that it would be a good machine, but it would hardly be an investment. Think about it....

If the 20th Anniversary is now only worth approximately 1/10 of its original value...., why would a 30th Anniversary machine be a good investment??
Those are attrocious odds on an investment if you ask me, :black:

M

Merlinblack

Doh I was thinking of something else
I'm not thinking clearly today, you are right I am stupid.

I'd still buy one though because it would be cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Man that was the BEST looking computer that came out through 1997. Man look at the design. Cool. That one on ebay was mint !!!

BTW how much was the buy it now price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel
I remember one being in a Batman movie. Alicia Silverstone was using it so that had to have been Batman & Robin with George Clooney. It got quite a bit of screen time.

Dogboy443

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Waaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive... But was awesome back in the day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.