Is MobileMe worth it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Some weeks ago I read something about MobileMe getting updated and becoming partly free. Is this plausible?

Look up a couple of posts /\ /\
....................................|| ||

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
I love mine. $100 isnt bad at all for a year of service, most people probably spend over that easy on fast food. haha.

Im curious to see what will be included in this "free mobile me" thats been rumored

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
MobileMe has been worth it for me. Mine is up for renewal on July first and I was considering using Google Sync instead, but it just does not work as well as MobileMe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MBP 13"
I guess it's kinda worth it for me too. I use it mainly to view all my different POP email accounts into their one view, synchronize my ical, google, and Exchangle calendars, and more importantly to find my iPhone should I ever loose it. We have 4 devices in our household, so tracking any one of them works out great!

The gallery and iDisk features are cool too, but haven't use it for much yet.

C

chas_m

I've been a MM user since day 1. My usual advice to people is "its a good deal if you are really going to use it."

By this I mean "if you're just wanting an IMAP email account, or JUST the syncing, then its not worth it." Even though its easy to find MM packages at less than full retail, it's still money, even if its only $5-8/month.

BUT if you think you will take advantages of a wider spectrum of the services offered, then MM becomes a VERY good deal. Beautiful photo galleries, lovely personal websites (with no hassles about "bandwidth"), tracking a lost or stolen iPhone, 20GB of iDisk space (that's 10x what dropbox offers), **AD-FREE, SNOOP-FREE** email address that's IMAP and easy to remember, iPhone push syncing, and more ... for between $5-8 a month depending on where you buy it? That's a no-brainer in my view ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.