Is it worth it to upgrade to Mountain Lion, or even Lion?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have not tried any Universal apps in Mountain Lion, but they run in Lion though. Can you name the Apps you are concerned about?

I just tried ACDsee and Adium both of which are universal and they both run fine in Mountain Lion.

OP
T
Reaction score
There is iDVD '08 which I use frequently and it says it's Universal.

I also use RAR Expander a good bit, and it also says Universal.

I also have a good bit of games that are Universal. (mostly pointless arcade-type games, all of my big graphical games are Intel-only) but Burger Shop 2, Build-a-Lot 4, and Skip-Bo Castaway Caper are all Universal Apps. (Build-a-Lot 4 is also in the Mac App Store though, I have an older version from Big Fish Games, but if it doesnt work I can just repurchase it in the Mac App Store) Those are just quick games though that I play when I'm bored, so they aren't THAT important.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Universal apps will work fine with Mountain Lion as they have Intel code, they'll just ignore the PPC code in the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I have never upgraded so quickly having a 'production machine', but a few days in, and mountain lion is very slick, and runs well. I've seen a couple small glitches, but minor. (safari ones, but less than lion)

Definitely worth the 19.99

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
i noticed ML is faster at loading my apps especially Delicious Library.

Reaction score
ML anybody to say great advantage to upgrade from snow lion???

I think

:Evil: wiser is the guy who waits for other to come up with minor/major flow of ML then try it on own baby...;D;
i think iwill wait for 1 15 days O:)O
i saw some hiccups by user but no one said that it is much better to use then previus versions :[:[
anyone has idea what is extra ordinarily different or superior in ML:Lips-Are-Sealed::Lips-Are-Sealed::Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.