Is fast glass with image stabalizing redundant?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
EF-S doesn't work on full frame. >_<" Guess I need the 16-35mm.

If you're going to definitely go full frame, look at the 17-40 f/4L. It's nothing really special on a crop sensor, but it's a great lens for the price on a ff camera. It's a lot cheaper than the 16-35 and the filter size is 17mm, which is the same as the 70-200s and the 24-70. The 16-35 has a larger filter. This can save you some money in the long run by only having to buy one size of filters.

I also shoot in low life conditions with the f/4 and have to problems with it with the 5d mkii.

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If you're going to definitely go full frame, look at the 17-40 f/4L. It's nothing really special on a crop sensor, but it's a great lens for the price on a ff camera. It's a lot cheaper than the 16-35 and the filter size is 17mm, which is the same as the 70-200s and the 24-70. The 16-35 has a larger filter. This can save you some money in the long run by only having to buy one size of filters.

I also shoot in low life conditions with the f/4 and have to problems with it with the 5d mkii.

Thanks, this helps a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.