iPod Touch 2G 8GB Syncing problems

Reaction score
I plugged my iPod Touch into the USB drive on my Macbook and it doesn't get the syncing beep, lighting bolt, and iTunes doesn't open. I tried the other USB slot and nothing. I plugged it into the wall outlet charger and it works fine. I'd like to sync it though and it's not doing anything. I plugged it into my mom's windows laptop and it got the lightning bolt. Any ideas?

Here's a screencap of one of the errors I got: http://i35.tinypic.com/5lzc78.jpg

OP
N
Reaction score
I've never dropped this iPod. It's in a case and it's never had issues until now.

Reaction score
Have you tried restoring it? Another problem might be your logic board on the Mac or possibly driver errors, but for now, let's stick with the iPod.

And it's a USB port, not drive. Just FYI. USB drive is an external storage device. ;)

OP
N
Reaction score
Have you tried restoring it? Another problem might be your logic board on the Mac or possibly driver errors, but for now, let's stick with the iPod.

And it's a USB port, not drive. Just FYI. USB drive is an external storage device. ;)

I can't restore it from the computer end as it has no charging symbol. It does nothing when I get to the connect to iTunes stage from the iPod settings restore option.

OP
N
Reaction score
Reaction score
I can't restore it from the computer end as it has no charging symbol. It does nothing when I get to the connect to iTunes stage from the iPod settings restore option.

I'm afraid it's something to do with either iTunes or your Mac..or the drivers for the iPod on Mac OS X.

Reaction score
I have the current version of iTunes (9.2.1) and I'm using Mac OS X Tigee 10.4.11

That doesn't mean much, to be honest. I mean this error can occur on any version of Mac OS X, and any version of iTunes, on any Apple computer. Just saying. I think it might have something to do with the drivers for your iPod. Something along those lines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.