iPhone ringtones

Reaction score
I always personalise my ringtones for my favourite people. One keeps reverting to the basics ringtone in spite of it showing clearly on her contact that she has a specific ringtone. Any ideas how I can rectify this? It is only a recent problem and previously the phone rang with her ringtone all right. I have tried the obvious things like switching the phone off and back on again but the problem persists.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which iPhone? What version of iOS?

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Reset your Network Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If you attempt this, make sure you have all your passwords written down.

OP
A
Reaction score
It’s an iPhone 7 IOS 15.1. I haven’t tried resetting my network settings. Isn’t this a bit drastic?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It’s an iPhone 7 IOS 15.1. I haven’t tried resetting my network settings. Isn’t this a bit drastic?
Thanks for providing the specs.

Actually resetting the network settings is easy and can resolve many problems associated with things like personalized ringtones and other carrier functions.

BTW, the current version of iOS is 15.2.1; you might try updating first to see if that makes a difference. Always backup your phone before updating or any type of reset. Backup to both iCloud and your Mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for providing the specs.

Actually resetting the network settings is easy and can resolve many problems associated with things like personalized ringtones and other carrier functions.

BTW, the current version of iOS is 15.2.1; you might try updating first to see if that makes a difference. Always backup your phone before updating or any type of reset. Backup to both iCloud and your Mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
My phone is updating right now. It was set to do so automatically but didn’t! I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.