iPhone photo transfer to Mac

Reaction score
Maybe this is the right place,

I plugged my wifes phone 6 into our Mac and all of here photos pull up and transferred fine to Photos. Then I plugged my iPhone 6s into our Mac and only 1/3 of my photos show up as available to transfer to Photos.

Why would this be? My phone say 3,390 photos, my iCloud says 3,390 photos, but Photos on the Mac shows a varying number between 1,200 and 1,900 available to transfer.

Please help!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Most likely, the others are already on your Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
new iMac, first time transferring.

plugged iPhone in one time last night and Photos said 1,240 photos to transfer, unplugged phone, restarted everything, plugged back in and Photos said 1,578 available to transfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Oh, ok. I thought it was previously used to sync your iPhone.

So, now you’ve got them all transferred over, right?

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh, ok. I thought it was previously used to sync your iPhone.

So, now you’ve got them all transferred over, right?

no, I was just stating how it seems every time I plug my phone in theres a different number of photos available to transfer. never all 3,390 of them though. I haven't transferred any of them yet.

are photos that were downloaded to my phone from iCloud able to be uploaded to Photos? there are photos on my iPhone that were not taken by my iPhone but moved there from iCloud when I got this phone. could that be the issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe a bit OT, but it may help you sort out "what's on what", using a utility like iMazing.app which is also an excellent way to get a good, full backup and it can work with several different iOS devices:
https://imazing.com

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.