iPhone Can't Connect Via Bluetooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, that's a big disappointment. Hubby has a picture of his now deceased dad on the iphone he wanted to transfer. For such a "smartphone" it's not a big thing to ask apple for full bluetooth when crappy cheap phones have it.

Yeah, because e-mailing it off the phone would just be so dang hard to do....

Maybe you should get him a "crappy, cheap" phone instead.

Reaction score
New to I phone

I also just got an iphone and have the same problem. I understand what you all are saying however it is not addressing the problem. Sure if i want to get or send a pic to a computer that is simple enough, or to email one is simple. However what if you are wanting to trade pictures or files with someone that is not using a smartphone or an iphone bluetooth is the general method of trading those items.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
not with the iPhone.

Clay

C

chas_m

However what if you are wanting to trade pictures or files with someone that is not using a smartphone or an iphone bluetooth is the general method of trading those items.

And that, folks, is why the iPhone doesn't do it.

Reaction score
re:

Well, apple saved a few bucks when it came to installing bluetooth hardware.
U can't connect ur iPhone to anything but the apple Headsets and such that are compatible.....
Which means no sending pics to friends phones.....
Unless someone knows a fine hack of some kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I also just got an iphone and have the same problem. I understand what you all are saying however it is not addressing the problem. Sure if i want to get or send a pic to a computer that is simple enough, or to email one is simple. However what if you are wanting to trade pictures or files with someone that is not using a smartphone or an iphone bluetooth is the general method of trading those items.

No it's not, MMS is. Even most non-smartphones can get an MMS message. Why not just send it that way?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Ok, that's a big disappointment. Hubby has a picture of his now deceased dad on the iphone he wanted to transfer. For such a "smartphone" it's not a big thing to ask apple for full bluetooth when crappy cheap phones have it.

Yep, agree. Why not attach the photo and email it?

Reaction score
Sometimes people change phones and want to send over some of their stuff. Photos can be emailed, but what about ringtones?

Reaction score
Address book sync without being able to pair on bluetooth?

I can understand the whole no transferring of files, but what about the syncing your address book with your iphone? which i do believe is a listed 'feature' on apples website?

Reaction score
Bluetooth can NOT connect to handsfree

The iPhone can only connect to Bluetooth hands free devices. It won't do what you want it to do because it's not supposed to.

I find this hard to belive. I bought my first I-phone 4 four days ago. I have tried to connect it to my cars handsfree system. Its a Skoda Superb 2009 model and have bluetooth connectivity. The phone finds it, but says it is not compatible!! My old phone, a Samsung Omnia HD connected right away, loaded up my contact list and I could also read new and old SMS onscreen on the display of the car.
I also bought a Bluetooth Buddy handsfree ( a brand new best buy product) for my other car. My old Nokia connected right away, but my I-phone can`t find it!!
So it is certenly NOT true about all handsfree.

I was not sure whether I did the right thing buying an I-phone 4 and after four days I have lost five calls while I where talking. It just looses the signal. The only way to get the signal back is to restart the phone. What an advanced product Steve Jobs have given the world....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Take it back. Tell them it does not do what you need it to do. Go with something else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.