Iphone 7 plus alert notifications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
My wife has an iphone 7 plus and after this latest download to IOS 13.0 she no longer gets an alert when a text arrives. The phone still rings when a call comes in but no notification when a text arrives. Is this something that Apple has done away with. If it is something to do with IOS 13.0 or is it something that needs to be corrected? If it is fixed in the settings please make it as simple as can be as we are not text savvy. Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are not in silent mode, the chimes for different things shouldn't go away. You should check the Sounds section of Settings to see if things are properly set there and if you can change the chime for texts and have it stick. As I normally operate in silent mode only with vibration, I would never notice this. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
Disregard my post asking for help. It was my own stupidity. Somehow all sounds were turned off after the download of IOS 13.0. Just needed to turn them back on. Thanks for your reply.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No worries, happens to the best of us. :) I can't tell you how many times I've sat in my car with my phone connected to it over Bluetooth and wondering why I can't get any sounds from the phone itself since all the audio is being routed to the car. You'd think I'd learn after the first time I figured this out, but nope.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.