iPhone 6 replacement battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I have an old iPhone 6 that I would like to replace the battery and use it for music only when I'm at the gym or out walking. This is because the size of the phone will fit in the shirt pocket or pants pocket when I'm exercising. My iPhone14 is to large.

I went to my local Apple store and they advised me that they don't handle the model 6 anymore for battery replacement.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

In advance, thanks!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
According to one article, the iPhone 6 battery can be replaced by Apple - maybe:

It's also possible to have this done at accredited facilities.

I have no idea about the situation Stateside, but there surely must be respectable outlets for battery replacement.

As you are in the States, I found this article about such services:

Whether that helps? I hope so.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I went to my local Apple store and they advised me that they don't handle the model 6 anymore for battery replacement.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I don't know about your area, but around here there are several third-party companies that can and will replace such a battery, we used one not long ago, that is called Dr.Phone and appears to be part of a large franchise, and they replace the battery in my wife's iPhone 6 that kept doing odd things as though the battery had died, even though the battery utility we used said its life was good. Not so, the replacement battery fix the problem completely.

It cost us $40 Canadian and they provide a good guarantee and warranty and they provided a good quality battery.

Our son used a different independent company for his cell phone battery replacement. Not an iPhone. It also was a good quality battery and warranty at a very reasonable price.

You don't need Apple's service even if it is available and usually costs a lot more than what we paid.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.