iPhone 4 cases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm a little surprised at how many are opting for other cases. From everything I've read/seen in the news, tech blogs, etc. I would have guessed the bumpers would be (almost) everyone's 1st choice. Is this a personal preference or due to limited supply of the bumpers?

Just curious...

The Bumpers are one of the worst choices. Everything I've read indicates that they are so thick that the openings won't take most accessories. You can't dock it securely, plug in the dock cable, or use most headphones (chiefly just the ones with the deeper jack designed for the original iPhone work).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
From personal experience, the bumpers are so tight that things that get in between the bumper and iphone will cause scratches around the band. But, that's generally the case with hard plastic cases.

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at how many are opting for other cases. From everything I've read/seen in the news, tech blogs, etc. I would have guessed the bumpers would be (almost) everyone's 1st choice. Is this a personal preference or due to limited supply of the bumpers?

Just curious...
I have a bumper but went with another case because:
1) as mentioned, the opening is too small to accept my power charger
2) while I like being able to see the pretty glass case on the back, I couldn't tell by touch which side was which and it made it fairly slick to hold
3) I thought a full case might provide a little more cushion in a fall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My wife's free Bumper arrived yesterday. Here's what we can say about it: don't like it. Firstly, while it's more or less snug, there are a couple spots where you can feel it's not tight and you can press it in a little. Secondly, covering up some of the buttons with buttons built into the Bumper to press those buttons is just lame. The button on the top is now pressed in a bit too easily. There is a cutout for the switch to turn off the audio, but it's rather deep and difficult to get to. And finally… while the Bumper does allow the back of the iPhone to be exposed and aesthetically is somewhat nice in appearance, we're finding it a bit awkward in feeling. We're very much used to our Incase Sliders, and the way the back of the iPhone 3Gs is smooth and contoured all the way from side to side just feels better and more secure in the hand. With the Bumper, there's a gap between the palm and the back of the phone. It just feels strange. We really don't like it. When Incase releases their Sliders finally, an order will be placed.

Oh, btw… despite prior reports to the contrary, the iPhone 4 does fit in at least some docks just fine with the Bumper in place. Both of the ones we use do just fine. When we bought these, we had tested them for function with the Slider on, and we know that some docks didn't work with that on, so most certainly those same ones wouldn't work with the Bumper too. But in that respect, the Bumper seems to interfere no worse than other cases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I'm actually RETURNING my OtterBox Defender case. I love the amount of protection it gives the phone but it is just way too bulky for my taste. Looks like I'm back to using my Incipio Feather case until OB releases their Commuter case...

Reaction score
iPhone 4 Bumper

does anyone know where i can actually get a bumper? i have received the refund from the two i bought when i got my phones, but i want another color for my wife's phone, i cant find them for sale anywhere online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
^Go through the Apple "Case Program" app. You can order it through that.

Reaction score
3) I thought a full case might provide a little more cushion in a fall

Actually the bumper provides very good protection as far as flat surfaces go. You can drop your phone with a bumper on it from six feet with no worries that the fall will damage the phone. Now if you are throwing your iPhone 4 against a curved or jagged surface like a rock odds are you will bust the phone.

The bumper isn't for everyone and personally (if it wasn't for the free Apple program which gave me a refund) I would return it. I don't think it is worth $29.99. I am using it with a front screen protector, a back screen protector with a textured carbon fiber print and since I got this iPhone at Best Buy I will be going in to get the free Zagg side shield (that Best Buy is offering with free install) to protect the sides of the iPhone 4 from any scratches due to possible dirt getting underneath the bumper case itself.

Reaction score
^Go through the Apple "Case Program" app. You can order it through that.

i already got my refund for the two i bought, and i dont want black, i want a different color for my wife's phone.i would be willing to pay for one, probably not 30$, but i cant find them ANYWHERE.

Reaction score
I'm actually RETURNING my OtterBox Defender case. I love the amount of protection it gives the phone but it is just way too bulky for my taste. Looks like I'm back to using my Incipio Feather case until OB releases their Commuter case...

Where were you actually able to locate an otterbox? I cant seem to find one anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Glossy MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
Hello,

I ordered THIS from Seidio, the Innocase II. Its a combo deal, case and Holster.

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I looked at cases on the BestBuy website, and read the customer reviews. The Belkin - Grip Vue seemed to get good reviews. My daughter and I visited one of our local stores to look at them. They had the Belkin and it looked good, but they only had the purple color in stock and my daughter would not let her father carry a purple cellphone case. She bought one for herself though. I looked at the few others they had in stock and bought the Rocketfish Silicone case for myself. I was looking for maximum protection against drops and this case with thick and soft.

The Belkin case is fairly trim and fits tightly against the phone. Its material is a medium soft material, sort of like a vinyl.

The Rocketfish case if thick and soft. It fits the phone fine but since the material is so soft it comes off of the phone easily, and since it is so soft it grips clothing and is really hard to get in our out of your pockets. I intend to get another case to use when I need to carry the phone in my pants pocket, and use the Rocketfish if I'm carrying the phone in my shirt pocket or some other way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I spent some time going to different stores to see what they had to offer, and I wasn't impressed. Odd case design, boring colors, and materials I wasn't fond of were a few factors that were common among all of the cases.

Since then, I've decided against getting a case for my iPhone 4. Don't get me wrong, I still ordered my free one from Apple, but I take good care of my gadgets. Heck, having a slider case on my old 3G ended up scuffing it more than it would have gotten with no case at all. Little crumbs and dust particles get inside the case and ruin the finish on the phone, plus cases make the phone considerably thicker!

Reaction score
I'm considering buying this case for my 4: https://www.goincase.com/products/detail/chrome-slider-case-cl59752/1

It's the Chrome Slider from Incase. What are your opinions on this case or Incase in general? I'm seeking something that will protect my phone for when I drop it on the sidewalk or onto my concrete floor. I have a case that I don't like right now. I want a sleek, thin, stylish case that fits an urban, student's life well.

My biggest concern is the screen shattering. I got my first iPhone 4 in July and at the beginning of September I dropped it about 4 feet from a table onto a concrete patio and the screen shattered. I had a free bumper from Apple on it. I liked the bumper, actually. The problem was it didn't come over the side any to protect the screen from making contact with the ground. I want something that comes over the front a little to buffer it from contact with the ground. Fortunately, Apple gave me a new iPhone 4 for free. The Apple Store is wonderful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I have a clear case I bought at AT&T that has worked really well for my iPhone 4. It's rubber, and see-through, I just wish I could remember what it was called. It looks clean too, not adding unnecessary bulk to my phone, and looks great. Check that out, works great. I've dropped my phone probably 3 times, and the case has worked well.

Reaction score
i've been using a carbon fiber case for a month now and i really like it. got it from this site, casealchemy.com

its very thin and looks pretty cool. i dropped it once and the phone is fine. i have both their real carbon fiber and the other one thats carbon fiber design. the real carbon fiber one was definitely the better choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.