iPhone 11 XL second hand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 32 G ram MB Pro 2012 16 G ram iPad Air ser 5 2017 iPhone 11 xs max 256.
I am totally new to the iPhone, so please excuse me if I am a bit slow on the uptake. The phone has been factory reset and normally works very well.
My problem is that sometimes the phone seems to have a will of it's own and the screen enlarges to a size that makes it impossible to see more than a tiny fraction of any app on the screen, I cannot even switch the phone off because I cannot see the slider. I don't know what causes this to happen, so it may well be that I have pressed something inadvertently.
Fiddling with the buttons on the side of the phone does not help and sometimes sets the alarm off. I cannot even use pinch to make the screen smaller, but eventually the problem resolves itself by allowing me to see enough of the slider to turn off the phone. When I restart the iPhone everything is back to normal?
So my questions are: Am I doing something to cause this problem? And is there a simple way to correct the problem when it occurs?
Please be aware that I know very little about iPhones as this is me first purchase, so any help needs to reflect the fact that I am a beginner.
Thanks for any help!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Somehow you've managed to enable Zoom in the Settings->Accessibility.

So, double-tap with three fingers to return to normal zoom, then go to Settings->Accessibility and disable the Zoom option.

OP
Willabong
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 32 G ram MB Pro 2012 16 G ram iPad Air ser 5 2017 iPhone 11 xs max 256.
Thank you so much for your help! Hopefully this will solve the problem, it's been costing me a lot of what is left of my hair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.