iPhone 11 to Smart TV ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
I want to use my TV to see stuff on the phone. But here's a photo of what I see when I connect my iPhone 11 to the USB port of my Samsung 6-series TV.

I want to be able to watch on-line soccer matches that aren't screened on normal TV stations or Apps but dedicated portals. I tried this with a YouTube video playing on my phone but the TV doesn't seem to be able to recognise the phone. There must be a soution anyone ?

IMG_0308.jpeg

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The TV is looking at the iPhone as a storage device with static music/video content that can be played. It is not looking at it as a streaming device for you to essentially mirror YouTube or other video apps streaming data to it.

If your TV supports AirPlay/AirPlay2 then you get to share the video. If that isn't the case, an ATV is an AirPlay compatible device. If not, then you can go for something like Google ChromeCast as a cheap casting device use Chrome to cast the video to your TV.

Additionally, you might be able to run YouTube on your TV itself?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Good advice as usual Ashwin.

@davowolf

Check the Samsung site for information about your specific model. If it is a newer model AirPlay support may be built-in. Some manufacturers are adding AirPlay support for models that are 3 - 4 years old. Usually, this is done through a software update for the TV.

Another low/no-cost option is to check the iPhone App store and look for an app that supports streaming from the phone to your TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.