iPad screen care?

Reaction score
Was it very difficult to apply? Also any bubbles?

Received the Radtech ClearCal film for my iPad today - link.

Those that know me, already know I went with the anti-glare film. It's also oil resistant. It's been in use now for a couple of hours. Still no finger prints - hallelujah. No more need to clean it off after a half hour browsing the forum.

Took it outside in the sun for a quick test also. There's no help when the sun is shining directly on any display. But, with the sun at the back of the device, wearing a white shirt, my mirror image is practically gone and is now readable.

Sitting in the shade, you won't even notice it's on there. Except for the lack of any glare.

I can recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
ZAGG…I used to make their stoneshield(invisi-shield) material that they used on iphones and such…still got 12''x700+ft at home :). Did you know that this material was first designed to protect helicopter blades from dust and sand!? It's some tough stuff. I use it on the back of my ipad, and bought a cheap $2 screen from ebay, but that turned out to be crap and was impossible to get without bubbles. I'm going to be cutting my own when I get the time. If you have the means, go for the ZAGG, or other similar companies, but know that zagg only gets "AAA" grade material, while everything else below "AA" get's shipped to the other companies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
ZAGG…I used to make their stoneshield(invisi-shield) material that they used on iphones and such…still got 12''x700+ft at home :). Did you know that this material was first designed to protect helicopter blades from dust and sand!? It's some tough stuff. I use it on the back of my ipad, and bought a cheap $2 screen from ebay, but that turned out to be crap and was impossible to get without bubbles. I'm going to be cutting my own when I get the time. If you have the means, go for the ZAGG, or other similar companies, but know that zagg only gets "AAA" grade material, while everything else below "AA" get's shipped to the other companies.
Zagg i will admit is good with stratches. When i got my first iPod Touch last year i got Zagg and i had it on untill the day i sold it to a friend (about 5 months later) and i peeled it off and there was really hardly any stratches, while there was on the screen sheild.

However, the thing is VERY messy. As in, the corners get dirty, they start to peel off in the corner by a centimeter, This is a problem if your gonna put your iPad in cases or in a bag.

Each time you slide it in the corners start to come off in time.
Another problem? Installation is atually not hard to get on, HOWEVER, it is hard to get it on perfect. 3/4 the times you will get this weird look on certain places, even after waiting about 3 days for it to dry you have it.

What would i recommand for a back cover?
SGP Premium Protective Cover Skin for Apple iPad [Deepblack]

I got one in the mail today and it looks amazing, No bubbles whats so ever. (Dont even think its possible to get a bubble)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Zagg i will admit is good with stratches. When i got my first iPod Touch last year i got Zagg and i had it on untill the day i sold it to a friend (about 5 months later) and i peeled it off and there was really hardly any stratches, while there was on the screen sheild.

However, the thing is VERY messy. As in, the corners get dirty, they start to peel off in the corner by a centimeter, This is a problem if your gonna put your iPad in cases or in a bag.

Each time you slide it in the corners start to come off in time.
Another problem? Installation is atually not hard to get on, HOWEVER, it is hard to get it on perfect. 3/4 the times you will get this weird look on certain places, even after waiting about 3 days for it to dry you have it.

What would i recommand for a back cover?
SGP Premium Protective Cover Skin for Apple iPad [Deepblack]

I got one in the mail today and it looks amazing, No bubbles whats so ever. (Dont even think its possible to get a bubble)

Did you see the carbon fiber leather rear cover they also make for the ipad? It looks nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
Did you see the carbon fiber leather rear cover they also make for the ipad? It looks nice.
Yup :D I bought the deep black leather looking one, its sitting on the corner of my desk as we speak waiting for me to pick up my iPad this weekend.

Its VERY nice, it feels just like leather. Im thinking of buying the Carbon, and the White Leather Back Cover in the future.

Reaction score
My local apple store had something in stock today, which was not the case two weeks ago, so that's another option.

Reaction score
Screem protector or not

My first instinct was to buy a screen protector but now I'm not sure. It seems to me more important for an Iphone/Touch as they are sometimes in your pocket with keys, change, etc. If the Ipad is kept in a case except when in use, it shouldn't (in theory) need protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Was it very difficult to apply? Also any bubbles?

I second this question. Bob this is directed at you pelase :).
Cause if it's easy to apply it I just might get one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.