iPad Pre-order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
I got a confirmation email with my pre-order, but it wasn't right away. Took a few hours.

Did you order from the online store or click to pick up in store?

I thought maybe I did it wrong and tried to order another store pick u and it says I have reached my maximum reserves for this item. But I did not get an email, and nothing shows up in my online account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Did you order from the online store or click to pick up in store?

I thought maybe I did it wrong and tried to order another store pick u and it says I have reached my maximum reserves for this item. But I did not get an email, and nothing shows up in my online account.

Mine was a preorder from the online store (to be delivered).

If it doesn't show up in your online account seems like something may have gone haywire...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I ordered at 8:30 on the dot took me 2.50 hours to get the email mine did not show in orders placed either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I had a friend who pre-ordered a Chrysler PT Cruiser back in the day... he wished later he had been able to drive it first. That said, let us know when these arrive and how you like 'em.

Reaction score
I had a friend who pre-ordered a Chrysler PT Cruiser back in the day... he wished later he had been able to drive it first. That said, let us know when these arrive and how you like 'em.

Honestly, mid & late adopters will always wait, and innovators and early adopters will always be the ones who drive the subsequent upgrades. There has to be some group to 'try out' the first run so that improvements and future adaptations can be made. Doesn't matter if it's the iPad or flat panel TV's, someone has to go first to benefit those who follow behind. :Cool:

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi! I'm a journalist in Brazil and I need to talk to somebody that has pre-ordered the iPad.

Do you mean talk as in over the phone? If you look at the postings here you can see that a number of us have pre-ordered the iPad.

Reaction score
Reserved a 64gig WiFi--3G would be pretty much useless where I live unless I want to drive a couple miles up the road to get a cell signal (can you say, "boondocks"?). I'm very excited and am driving my husband crazy with countdown fever. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
innovators and early adopters will always be the ones who drive the subsequent upgrades. There has to be some group to 'try out' the first run so that improvements and future adaptations can be made. Doesn't matter if it's the iPad or flat panel TV's, someone has to go first to benefit those who follow behind. :Cool:

The designers and producers are truly innovators who drive. The early adopters are consumers, like everyone else. Big difference. Consumers are passengers, not drivers.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm a producer with NHK Japan Broadcasting (Japan's public television broadcaster.) We're doing a story on the iPad's launch in April, and we are looking to do some filming with someone who pre-ordered the device and will be picking it up the day of launch.

We are in NYC, and so I'd like to meet with someone in NYC (5th Ave or SoHo). We don't want anything other than your honest opinion and some of your time. If you are interested in possibly meeting with us, please contact me at ari dot schwartz at nhkny dot com. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Well, after some tihnking I decided to change my oder from 32GB wifi+3G to wifi only. After reading some comments and doing some thinking I've decided that I can't pay for 3G connectivity 2 times from the same company. I will just find other means to connect to the internet. Luckily even though I ordered 4 days later I still have a 4/3 delivery date!

But is anyone else bothered by the delays in the delivery of the cases and docks? I thought those would be the last thing to get delayed since those are the simplest to produce. Makes me wonder if they will keep the 4/3 delivery date or possibly change that as well between now and then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
The designers and producers are truly innovators who drive. The early adopters are consumers, like everyone else. Big difference. Consumers are passengers, not drivers.

I disagree. You can't have a push for innovation and new products if original products are never purchased.

Early adopters drive.

Reaction score
although I won't be purchasing one, I'm gonna follow this very closely to see the experience users have with it.

what is everyone's thoughts of potential bugs for the first round release?

Reaction score
although I won't be purchasing one, I'm gonna follow this very closely to see the experience users have with it.

****, another one asking questions about a product that we, consumers, haven't had the change to play with. **** I'm tired of these stupid questions. Yes I won't reply next time!

C

chas_m

****, another one asking questions about a product that we, consumers, haven't had the change to play with. **** I'm tired of these stupid questions. Yes I won't reply next time!

I have to admit that it was rather a stupid question until the product is actually out in people's hands. It makes you wonder about the thought processes (or lack thereof) sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

As I said in this forum Here in a rather longish post I think the ipad is really not very 1st gen at all. And with that in mind, I think there will be very few if any bugs for the ipad in the first round of it's release. As most things were already perfected on the touch/iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Thats fom my dashboard, counting down the days.

How can you handle looking at that all the time? Even with everything that distracts me, I'm still so anxious I want to get Butter to bury me in the snow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.