ipad permanently disabled

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, it looks like you're going to have to re-do the playlist(s) on the PC. I'm hoping your iPad will sync up with the PC without any problem or else we may be back to square one.

OP
K
Reaction score
but if the pc doesn't have the playlists, how can i sync the ipad up in order to gain the playlists?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How large are your playlists? As long as all your music transferred over from the Mac, you can always re-create the playlists from your list of songs. I guess I should ask.... are you able to see all your music in iTunes on the PC? In other words, did the library copy over OK?

OP
K
Reaction score
i re-imported my library.xml early this morning and it put my playlists onto the pc, so that has been solved -- good grief! other than missing 50 songs and it didn't upload the files i had created copying old cassettes using audacity, all my songs are there. i am heading downstairs now to try upload a couple of playlists onto the "restored as new" ipad (that started all this problem), so we'll see how that goes. i really don't want to rant and rave but i really do hate itunes; they're so invasive (heavy sigh). i actually have my sister in california looking for an ipad 2 64 gb (which is what i have now) that is still running ios6. i think this whole ios7 update was very sneaky on their part ... to include a "passcode" which nobody knew (according to all the posts i've been reading). oh well, enuf said. hopefully i won't run into problems uploading my playlists on the ipad now ... altho have to wonder. will keep in touch and thank you SO MUCH for all your support; you've been great !!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, that's a bit of good news. Let us know if you need any more help on this. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.