iPad or new Macbook Air 11''?

Reaction score
A very good question. For just casual Internet surfing, I prefer the iPad because of the flexibility of positioning the device in many different angles depending on where I'm sitting or lounging. To me, this is where the advantage of the iPad really shines over the traditional laptop design. I think the iPad is the right choice for you, per your specific needs. That being said, eventually I may get the 11" MacBook Air, not because I need it, but because it is something that is unique from some of the other Apple products I have.

May God bless!

Ed:D

Reaction score
Honestly, the flipboard app alone is more valuable in my daily usage than anything my MacBook can do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Two very different tools for different purposes

One is a computer, the other is not.

Reaction score
I disagree with those who say the ipad is not a computer. To me it seems like saying a smart car is not a car. Just because it can't do everything that a desktop or laptop computer can do doesn't make it a "not a computer" it's just a streamlined computer that sacrifices versatility in order to focus more on specific functions.

If you need to drive to a friend's place, a smart car and a truck will both do the job, but if you need to bring a couch back with you...well, you know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.