iPad 2.0??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well yes of course. And I certainly could be wrong, but I find that a lot of people have *SERIOUSLY* unrealistic ideas about how long it takes to develop a new technology, particularly if that technology is being associated with any Apple product (even if it's neither made nor invented by Apple).

I completely agree "Chas"...it does take a long time to develop technologies.

Companies (especially high tech companies due to the stiff competition) need to have a continuous "pipeline" of new technologies & products...so that they can continuously release new products/new models on a continuous basis.

Since most companies have 5 & 10 year longterm plans (as well as 12-24 month plans)...I'm willing to bet that Apple already had iPad 2.0 on the drawing boards BEFORE iPad 1.0 was even released. In fact...many of the technologies that folks want to see in iPad 2.0 (such as a camera)...are "off the shelf" technologies anyway...so it's VERY easy to release an iPad 2.0...with:

- a more advanced processor
- more storage
- built-in camera
- etc.

Of course if we're talking truly new technologies (not yet developed & take time to develop)...than that might be something for iPad 3.0.;)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I would vote for thinner and lighter.
Actually, I'd still like to see a smaller model come out (5-7in screen). I know I could buy a Kindle, and I do have my iPhone, but I would be willing to pay for a smaller dedicated eReader. For that matter (if the price was low enough) I would go for an eInk (grayscale only) version, sort of like a Kindle on steroids. :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Considering Apple completely redesigned the iPhone case pretty quickly between initial release and 3G and even the iPhone 4 redesign is pretty quick by design standards, I see no reason they couldn't quickly develop a new case design for the iPad that's lighter. For all we know, they were working on it before the iPad was even released. ;)

Even the iPhone 5 rumors were pretty strong during the anntennagate ordeal. Plus, there was the rumor Apple was asked to redesign the iPhone for Verizon, cause they supposedly didn't want the antenna on the outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Psst

A really neat new one will be released in 2017. Go ahead and start waiting for perfection, at least until 2018 that is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.