IP Camera Setup Problems (Airport Extreme)

Reaction score
Ok, we have a weird situation where we live. The internet comes into the main building and then we all have our routers (I have Airport Extreme) and we connect into that internet. I do have the main IP address (found via online search) for the entire complex.

*Edit - The router says it is in Double NAT mode

Now when I try to hook up my IP camera I followed all the directions for NAT port forwarding but when I look at my IP address under in Airport utility under the IPv4 it gives me a local internal 10.0.??? not my external IP address.

No matter what I do, I can't open the correct ports so I can see my camera when disconnected from my home router.

How can I fix this?

Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I don't know whether it will solve your problem, but you can cure the double NAT by switching your router to bridge mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I don't think you need to worry about anything in front of "your" router. Have you tried by just using your router information and starting from there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.