iOS 15 has NO hotspot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" 2020
If you use Hotspot, do NOT upgrade to iOS 15 !!!!
Hotspot has disappeared.

There are tons of complaints, especially from people that have no internet and must use hotspot via their mobile phone provider. Or those that sometimes use hotspot in a coffee shop, etc., like me.

There are several workarounds on the net, but so far none have worked for me.
Also, downgrading to iOS 14 is a pain in the neck.

Bad move from Apple....and why? Nobody knows

Robert

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No problems here with Hotspot and I'm using iOS 15.1.1. Perhaps where you are (Israel) your carrier is not providing Hotspot for you?

Your title is misleading as there have been no large amount of complaints or reports here in our forum nor in the MacRumors forum about Hotspot problems.

Besides, most folks have already upgraded to iOS 15. And since Apple is no longer signing iOS 14, I don't believe you can downgrade without some sort of backup of iOS 14.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I'm using Hotspot just fine on 15.1.1 in UK as a travel. It also worked in the US. As chscag pointed out, it's probably more related to your cell provider.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The hotspot functionality is definitely related to your cell provider. I'm on T-Mobile and this includes hotspot. You might want to contact your provider and ensure your plan has hotspot support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.