Invalid certificate for 's-static.ak.facebook.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.8GHz Core i7 4GB; MacBook Pro 13.3" Core i5 4GB
safari can't verify identity of website

All the action concerning Facebook problems is appreciated. To be clear, today is 7/12/2013 and I am receiving the "can't verify" message from many other sources (google, discussion.apple.com and even this site). The problem must rest with Safari.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not necessarily - I suggest you try the fix in the link above related to the Keychain.
That includes running repair after you run verify, even if it says there are no problems.

M

MacInWin

All the action concerning Facebook problems is appreciated. To be clear, today is 7/12/2013 and I am receiving the "can't verify" message from many other sources (google, discussion.apple.com and even this site). The problem must rest with Safari.
Have you tried what bobtomay suggested?

I (and others here) run Safari all the time and don't see this problem. It's probably something in your setup that is causing the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.8GHz Core i7 4GB; MacBook Pro 13.3" Core i5 4GB
Yes, I tried the keychain trick and it seemed to alleviate but not eliminate the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.