Installing Windows 11 using Parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini-2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Memory; Macbook Pro-2012
I successfully installed windows 11 on my M1 Mac Mini. No problems with the Mac OS, Monterey is running well. I clicked on Parallels and the small control panel opened and I clicked on it to start Windows, Windows wanted to update itself so I clicked okay. Process completed and then told me my Password had expired. The picture that I installed in my Microsoft Account shows up, I tried logging on using my Microsoft account and was unable to do so. Any ideas out there. Windows won't let me go beyond the initial screen for signing in. I run microsoft windows 10 on my office PC's and I am not sure how they have been affected. Will check tomorrow.

OP
bcloonan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini-2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Memory; Macbook Pro-2012
Belay my last! I answered my own question. Windows is so confusing sometimes. It turns out when you have updated windows running on parallels the OS defaults to requesting a new password. If you have never set a password in the first place, leave the "existing password" field blank and proceed with a new password in the next field. Now, why didn't I know that? I attribute it to my age!?!?!?! Problem solved!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thank you very much for posting the question and the answer. That could help someone else in the future.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.