Installing Windows 10 Using Bootcamp (errors)

Reaction score
As the title implies, I am attempting to to install windows 10 on mac via bootcamp.
I have this version of the .iso file : Windows 10 Anniversary
from this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
After over twenty different tries, each time waiting one hour for the thing to download, each time I get the error : Can't install software. Right after the "download windows support software" timer runs out.

I have contacted 7 different mac advisors. One suggested trying it in safe mode. Nothing.
I contacted microsoft, wondering wether the file might be corrupt. Nothing.
I have tried different versions of the .iso file as well.
Can anyone please help.

System Information :
OS X EL CAPITAN
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Serial Number DX1S702WH3QD

It should not be this hard to download it. If anybody has succeeded before, can you include the process you used, before I toss this frustrating machine out of the window ? Never been more ****ing pissed off at an inanimate object before. People have caught me screaming at a lamp, but this... Perhaps this is my own stupidity for missing something obvious, but still.
I would be happy to provide any information needed. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Edit : and yes file vault is turned off.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Don't have an answer for this yet.

As a point of clarification though the error is occurring with the download (before starting the installation process)? Have you tried other versions of the iso?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

It appears from your post that the Windows support software does not complete the download or does not download at all?

Also... try booting your MacBook Pro to recovery (command + r) and enter utilities, Disk Utility. Run First Aid on your SSD to see what it says. Make sure your SSD has only one partition. You should be showing a small EFI partition, Macintosh HD partition, and recovery. If you created another partition on that SSD, Windows will not install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.