iMac & Printer?

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and if you could help me I would be very thankful.

A couple of months ago I decided it was time to get a new computer and I thought I would get myself an iMac. Initially I used it with my Lexmark printer and it worked perfectly using wireless. Then all of a sudden it stopped working (nothing wrong with the printer it works fine from other computers) the iMac just would not talk to it. Over the weekend I bought a new printer, a Hewlett Packard C4780, now this printer works but when you press print it takes nearly 4 minutes for the printer to print (yet again there is nothing wrong with the printer it works fine with other computers, dare I say it, PC's).
It makes no difference whether the iMac is connected to the printer via USB or wirelessly.

I have phoned Apple customer service but the blamed the printer and said they could not help :Grimmace:.

The operating system I am using is MAC OS X 10.6.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you tried going to HP's website and seeing if there are any driver updates you could download? Also, have you updated your OS X software using the most recent combo update? HERE
I don't pretend to know WHY you are having such a long delay from the time you click "Print" to the time the printer actually prints, but those are some basic things I would start with. :) HTH

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks but I've tried both those updates and they have made no difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.