• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMac G5 (real one)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is a better look in the inside of the iMac.

inside_low.jpg

I

iSheep

Wow! Looks very organised in there - look at the way the RAM is stored! Brilliant!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
iSheep said:
Wow! Looks very organised in there - look at the way the RAM is stored! Brilliant!

What's so brilliant about that? Actually, the RAM emplacement remembers me an older Mac design: the LCIII. It also had it's RAM module (couldn't take more than one) slightly lying backwards like that. ;-)

Thinking of the LCIII... I have to check it's dimensions again, I think it'll pretty much match those of the iMac G5... :D at least in thickness.

rman, where did you find that high quality picture? The only picture of the opened iMac I found was pretty small...
Did you buy one and open it?!? :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I found it this morning, but I forgot where.

D

danamania

Avalon said:
What's so brilliant about that? Actually, the RAM emplacement remembers me an older Mac design: the LCIII. It also had it's RAM module (couldn't take more than one) slightly lying backwards like that. ;-)

Thinking of the LCIII... I have to check it's dimensions again, I think it'll pretty much match those of the iMac G5... :D at least in thickness.

Or a Quadra 605... :)

q605_commercial.sized.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Actually this IS the same case than the LC. :D
The Quadra 605 is also known as LC 475 and Performa 475/476.
It was the last of the LC-line... ;)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I look at the Spartacus, it looks a lot thinner to me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Spartacus, also known as the 20th anniversary Mac, was one of the coolest designs Apple ever made, and the predecessor of the flat panel iMac. It was the first all-in-one that had a LCD instead of a CRT screen. Back then (in 1996) that was very exclusive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Too bad it was $10,000... if you paid that, they would ship it to you in a limo... heh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, personnally delivered by Steve Jobs :D

Even now, they sell at around 1000,-$ if you can find one. It's very rare that somebody sells it's Spartacus...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I saw one for like $100 on eBay not too long ago.

M

Matt

Wow, thats unfair. They continue to support the iMac today for OS X, and this is only 1 year older and they only let the machine support up to OS 9.1. I think they should have had the G3 in time for this machine, it was only 1 year earlier than the G3's release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I have a client that has a sparticus.. it's pretty decent as it sits in the corner :)

M

Matt

I like the idea it has a TV and FM tuner with it, a great complement for the insane sound setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.