imac drops wifi and then can't find any wifi sources? tech help please

Reaction score
This is really furstrating. It happened before but then seemed to fix itself. I have devices connected to my apple time capsule for wifi. The time capsule is connected to my TVs router/modem but wifi is disabled on this device. I have been using the TC for wifi. When it loses wifi it doesn't even see any wifi connections anywhere. And i am in an apartment.

When my imac loses wifi all my other devices work fine. The only way i get wifi back on the imac is by shutting it down and restarting :( and so far today its happening again. I have had to restart 3/4 times.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? :(

Thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Have you tried connecting your iMac to your modem by Ethernet cable. This physical connection is better the WiFi.

It would help if you told us the year of your iMac and which operating system it is running.

Ian

OP
T
Reaction score
iMac is mid 2010. Running the latest OS. And no haven’t tried a direct connection.

Setup is cable modem/router to Time Capsule.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch iMac, 3.4 GHz i5, Radeon Pro 570, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1 TB 7200-rpm
trellaine, in case you are not aware this forum is closing down tomorrow. See this thread for more information. You might be better off getting access to the closed Facebook group and asking your question there (see the thread for more info).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch iMac, 3.4 GHz i5, Radeon Pro 570, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1 TB 7200-rpm
The volunteers here are setting up a new forum located at http://www.mac-forums.org. It isn't currently possible to register but if you request access to the Facebook group you can stay up to date when it is ready. Alternatively if you don't use Facebook, private message "Slydude" (he is a moderator here) with your e-mail address and he will add you to a newsletter list. He will be e-mailing everyone on that list when the new forum is ready. You can private message "Slydude" by clicking here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.