• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm getting very angry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
This is why I tend to stay away from ebay. I've been burned one too many times.

The last straw came when I bought a used laptop from a 'reputable' seller only to have it crap out on me 3 months later. Nothing probably could have prevented, it's just my luck.

I'd rather pay a little extra for the piece of mind and knowing exactly what I'm getting. Computers are very volatile and any number of things could go wrong anyways with the hardware. I

I closed my ebay account long ago and don't care to have one for as long as I live.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
This is why I tend to stay away from ebay. I've been burned one too many times.

The last straw came when I bought a used laptop from a 'reputable' seller only to have it crap out on me 3 months later. Nothing probably could have prevented, it's just my luck.

I'd rather pay a little extra for the piece of mind and knowing exactly what I'm getting. Computers are very volatile and any number of things could go wrong anyways with the hardware. I

I closed my ebay account long ago and don't care to have one for as long as I live.

I'm taking this as a lesson learned that if I really need something, don't get it from eBay. It just strikes me as so ironic...I've bought over 20 apple laptops off of ebay in the past year and I've never had a single problem with any of them. I mean this eMac is nice and all...But 700MHz doesn't cut what I need for a computer. (Hence why I put my request in on here for a 1.42 GHz eMac as well..=\ )

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
HAHAHAHA GUYS LOOK WHAT I GOT THIS MORNING!

"I shipped it out already with the second battery, charger and red hard case, sorry for the cd's but I don't remember exactly where I left the cd's, but you can request the cds from apple.com, i paid for apple care plan until next year.

enjoy your laptop when you get it

thank you

ps. the delivery confirmation number is: 03081400000007115464 priority mail"

...Yeah you shipped it out already...Quarter til 5 yesterday...What a jerk...This guy is DEF. getting negative feedback!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that is the laptop I bought and watch, this laptop is going be a heap of garbage and the logic board is going to conk out a week from now lol. Tiger is going to be the 1st thing that gets axed off that computer. I have a full retail single user disc of leopard :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This guy is DEF. getting negative feedback!
WHY? Because you had to wait an extra few days?... because wasn't able to answer your email like an instant message?... it is because he told you he was out of town for a couple days?... Is it because you didn't get your new toy within 2 days of paying for it?

Leaving negative feedback is an extremely childish and immature to do.
You paid for the item, he shipped it in what I would consider a timely manner.

What ever happened to people having patience?

Besides, the tracking info currently says:
Label/Receipt Number: 0308 1400 0000 0711 5464

Your item was accepted at 4:44 PM on August 14, 2008 in JACKSON HEIGHTS, NY 11372. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
All that says is that someone at the Post Office scanned the box at 4:44 PM.
That isn't necessarily the same day or time that the person dropped off the package.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
WHY? Because you had to wait an extra few days?... because wasn't able to answer your email like an instant message?... it is because he told you he was out of town for a couple days?... Is it because you didn't get your new toy within 2 days of paying for it?

Leaving negative feedback is an extremely childish and immature to do.
You paid for the item, he shipped it in what I would consider a timely manner.

What ever happened to people having patience?

Besides, the tracking info currently says:
All that says is that someone at the Post Office scanned the box at 4:44 PM.
That isn't necessarily the same day or time that the person dropped off the package.

I couldn't agree more - a few business days to ship out an item is acceptable. When did you pay him? Did it take more than 5 business days to ship? If not, I believe that is well within eBay's guidelines. If you receive your product and it works and is in the condition it was described to be in, you have no reason to leave him a neg. You should be leaving him a positive, but if you feel strongly that it took him too long or that the communication was poor, note it in the comment. Negative feedback should be reserved for times when there is a BLATANT and severe breach of the agreement. Even if it took him more than 5 business days to ship, the worst I would leave him is a neutral.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright fine...I'll leave a neutral feedback remark. However if you guys did not read the original post by me, I said that this guy left me three emails in the course of 12 hours after I bought the item saying:
"When are you going to pay for this?"
"Please answer me, I want to know when you're paying for this."
"I need your response to whether or not you are going to buy this or not."
In a course of 12 hours you managed to send me 3 emails, but when I want to know when you're going to ship it out, you seem to magically vanish...Yeah I get a little mad.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Alright fine...I'll leave a neutral feedback remark. However if you guys did not read the original post by me, I said that this guy left me three emails in the course of 12 hours after I bought the item saying:
"When are you going to pay for this?"
"Please answer me, I want to know when you're paying for this."
"I need your response to whether or not you are going to buy this or not."
In a course of 12 hours you managed to send me 3 emails, but when I want to know when you're going to ship it out, you seem to magically vanish...Yeah I get a little mad.

How many business days did it take him to ship?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
However if you guys did not read the original post by me,
Yes, I read your first post.
Perhaps he was wondering because he was planning on going away for a couple days.
Maybe he wanted to see if you were able to pay for it at auction's end or at least on the day the auction ended, that way he might have been able to ship it before he left town.

this guy left me three emails in the course of 12 hours after I bought the item saying
The auction ended on Aug-07-08 03:38:20 PDT, (6:38 AM EST) on a Friday morning.
If his emails were sent over the course of Friday and Saturday morning, that would make it more like 3 emails in 24 hours of you winning the item at auction's end (though that could still be seen as a bit overboard).

The auction ended on Friday morning and you paid for your item roughly a day and a half later ("I paid for it Saturday afternoon ").
He dropped it at the Post Office either Wednesday or Thursday, 3 or 4 business days after you paid.

Regardless, the number of emails that either of you sent is moot.
You paid within a timely manner, he shipped within a timely manner.

I still see no reason for a negative or a neutral feedback rating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.