• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Im balding! Any tips?

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
man i wish i had more hair. it saddens me to watch it leave. soon there will be more hair on my face than my head

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hair is over-rated. Bald is beautiful...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bald head and beard???

you'd be a bad mother (shut yo mouth!)

urban_isaac-hayes.jpg

Reaction score
mine started retreating pretty hard around 28, then stopped about 1/3 way. keep it shaved close and tan.

after that it's graft surgery or living with the fact you're a giant recessive gene.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont thinks me could pull of the shaved head with a beard look

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
474555739_21e30b0888.jpg

This is the bald spot

Reaction score
474555739_21e30b0888.jpg

This is the bald spot

That reminds me - I had read once: those that are bald in the front are thinkers. Those that are getting bald from the back are sexy. Those that are getting bald in both spots just think they are sexy.

Reaction score
That reminds me - I had read once: those that are bald in the front are thinkers. Those that are getting bald from the back are sexy. Those that are getting bald in both spots just think they are sexy.
:bushman:

Reaction score

I'm betting a couple of bald guys came up with that. :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
My advice....do it gracefully or go the full body wax....ouch!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Study offers hope of remedy for baldness
By Will Dunham Wed May 16, 2:10 PM ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Mice with deep skin wounds can grow new hair, scientists said on Wednesday in a finding that offers hope for a baldness remedy for humans.
The mice regenerated hair at the site of the wound via molecular processes similar to those used in embryonic development, according to the research, published in the journal Nature.
The findings show mammals possess greater regenerative abilities than commonly believed. While some amphibians can regenerate limbs and some reptiles can regenerate tails, regeneration in mammals is far more limited.
Dr. George Cotsarelis, a dermatology professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia who led the study, said the findings dispel the dogma that hair loss is permanent in people and other mammals, and that once they are lost new hair follicles cannot grow.
Cotsarelis said the findings could pave the way for remedies for male-pattern baldness and other types of hair-loss. He said the idea would be to apply compounds to get epidermal cells to turn into hair follicles.
The regenerated follicles functioned normally, cycling through the various stages of hair growth, and the hair was indistinguishable from neighboring hair with a key exception -- it lacked pigmentation and was white.
The otherwise brown-haired mice had patches of white hair marking the site of the wound.
Cotsarelis said the white-hair issue may not materialize in any baldness remedy in people because the human pigmentation system differs from that in mice.
The researchers made relatively large wounds on the backs of adult mice, and found that if a wound reached a certain size new hairs formed at its center, with the skin undergoing changes mimicking stages of embryonic hair-follicle development.
Dormant embryonic molecular pathways were activated, sending stem cells -- master cells able to transform into other cell types -- to the damaged skin.
The stem cells that gave rise to the regenerated follicles were not stem cells usually associated with hair-follicle development.
"They're actually coming from epidermal cells that don't normally make hair follicles. So they're somehow reprogrammed and told to make a follicle," Cotsarelis said.
The researchers also found a way to amplify the natural regeneration process, causing mice to grow twice as many new hairs by giving the skin a specific molecular signal.
Cotsarelis is involved with Follica Inc., a privately held start-up company that has licensed the patent on the process from the University of Pennsylvania. He said it probably would be more than five years before a treatment was possible.
Cotsarelis also envisioned treating wounds in a way that would leave skin with hair follicles, sweat glands and other normal attributes that would be functionally and cosmetically much better than a scar.
Dr. Cheng-Ming Chuong, a professor of pathology at the University of Southern California who was not involved in the study, said it proved the principle that hair can regenerate from adult skin, but cautioned that human skin differs from mouse skin.
"Repair and regeneration appear to be in competition," Chuong said by e-mail.
"Since fast-closing wounds help the survival of wild animals, repair often dominates regeneration. In the practice of medicine, physicians are trained to close wounds as soon as possible, thus leaving not enough time for regeneration to occur."

Hair was regenerated in 45 days.

2007_05_16t152312_450x200_us_hair.jpg

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, now thats a good use for stem-cells! lol *joking*

Reaction score
Go friar tuck style. :p

Just shave it. It's so easy and you never have bad hair days. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Some people have bumps and lumps, though. Than, it does not look so handsome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.